Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees in the oven. You can turn on the broiler at the end to get the cheese more golden brown and crispier.
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (soft shell)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4oz can of diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded chicken (about 1 big chicken breast)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook/shred your chicken breast and mix it with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Lay 8 tortillas out and fill each one with the chicken mixture making sure they are all even. Roll them up tightly and put them in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add in the 3 tbsp of flour. Mix and cook for about one minute.
- Add in the 2 cups of chicken broth, whisking until it’s a smooth consistency. Whisk over medium heat until it is thick and creamy (usually takes about 5-8 minutes).
- Mix in the sour cream, salt/pepper, and the can of chiles to the pan.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the rolled up tortillas evenly.
- Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Add salsa or cilantro and you’re ready to eat!
Click here to find this and other great recipes.